Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Frustrating

I've been pretty busy so I hadn't posted about this yet, but we've hit a delay with USCIS. We sent our app and check November 2nd. We just received it back December 7th--rejected. We mailed it again on the 8th. This time with a Cashier's check.

I was so excited when I saw the envelope in the mailbox. I thought we'd received our invitation for fingerprints, but nope instead USCIS rejected our paperwork because we'd sent a personal check when they wanted a Cashier's check. Here's where I do a little ranting and raving. The local website said nothing about it. The national site with the instructions stated the process of how they'd cash your personal check. A cashiers check wasn't mentioned anywhere. USCIS gets up to 4 months to process your app. Some states take a week. Omaha is known for taking up to the max 4 months. Now they've bought themselves another 6 weeks. I'll admit I was pretty upset that day. I've been trying to tell myself that God's in control and either He's going to work a miracle on our behalf or the timing wasn't quite right. We're very close to the top of the waiting list with our agency. Maybe we needed this delay to slow our paperwork down so that we'll be ready precisely when the daughter God has chosen for us is ready to be matched.

Honestly though, I'm not thrilled with the idea of being in Vietnam during the summer. 100+ degrees and 90% humidity...oooh sounds like paradise. As well as the girl clothes I've gotten are for a Spring travel time.

Please pray that either God will work a miracle in our paperwork or one in us & He'll give us the grace to wait.

No comments: